Once-A-Year Day & A Contest

In the grand tradition of the shameless self-promotion that happens in this space on this day, I'm going to be All About Me and announced that today is my birthday. Well, the beginnings of - today is the actual day, but celebrations will, as usual, be stretched out over a week or so. I'm not sure exactly when my circle of people switched from birthday to birthday weekend and then to birthday week, but I can highly recommend it.


This year, my birthday present to myself is a three-day weekend of doing nothing that I don't want to do. As usual, Kathy Reichs has released her latest book in the last week of August and the usual, I'm more than half convinced that she's doing that especially for me (thanks, Kathy!). Today, that might be a lunch thing, the odd phone call or two with misc. international birthday songs, Reichs in the park and this weekend, there are no plans at all. Nothing. Nada. Just whatever floats my boat and I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to it.


And since it's been a while since I had a contest, what better way to celebrate the day than to have another one. Leave a comment, any comment – tell a story, sing a song (don't know what that'd look like), do the Internet version of a wave (don't know what that looks like, either). Contest closes Sunday at midnight EST and the winner will be selected using some technique that I'm not sure of yet, but which I'll will share on Monday. Winner will get an 8 x 10 prints of any photo on my Flickr page.


Have a fabulous weekend and if you are at all able, join me in doing nothing but what you want to do.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?