Chronic Resilience: An Interview with Danea Horn

I've had the opportunity to interview a terrific woman for who's written a book on stress and chronic illness. Lots of great tips and it's taught me a lot. I'm brewing another post. as a result, but that's for next week.

"Chronic illness adds a unique kind of stress to your life that can be hard to adjust to. In her new book Chronic Resilience: 10 Sanity-Saving Tools for Women Coping with the Stress of Illness, Danea Horn provides a blueprint for coping with the challenges of chronic illness. Each chapter includes a discussion of the issue at hand, practical and very doable suggestions for getting back in control and interviews with women who live with a variety of chronic illnesses. In order to help you make the theory real for your own life, Danea also includes journal exercises to help you think about how you deal with chronic illness and reframe this so you can live in a more stress-free way. As I was reading the book, I nodded in recognition to many of the points Danea brings up. It prompted me to take a closer look at how I deal with stress and I'm already implementing some of her excellent tips. This book is a must-have for women living with a chronic illness. It would also make a great gift for anyone who's struggling with managing stress, whether they have a chronic illness or not.

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to speak with Danea about her life and her new book."

You can read the rest of the post with the interview on HealthCentral here.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?